Choosing a Cotillion
There are many excellent cotillion organizations across the United States. JDW Cotillions highly encourages parents to have their children participate in the cotillion experience as it is a wonderful opportunity of learning social skills through the enjoyment of dance. Social education is a very important subject in today's world, and everyone benefits from its rewards.
In choosing the right cotillion program for your community, consider the following criteria:
- How many years has the institution been in existence?
- What are the qualifications and experience of the instructors?
- What do parents say about the curriculum and teachers?
- Do the teachers maintain class control?
- Is there mutual respect between the students and instructors?
These questions are essential for selecting an academic environment for your children, and will work equally well in selecting an appropriate cotillion program.
Good cotillion programs divide their curriculum proportionately between dance and social education. Cotillion can be a formative learning experience where young people meet and socially interact in a positive, healthy environment. This environment should teach self-confidence, courtesy, sensitivity and respect for others. It should be an enjoyable experience where children are encouraged to develop their own sense of style, grace and poise.
We require all our instructors to complete a comprehensive three-year training internship prior to becoming a JDW Cotillion Director.
JDW Cotillions celebrated its 60th Anniversary in 2009 and is very proud that the Company constantly challenges its own performance. Every student and every parent who participates in our programs is given an opportunity to grade the JDW program and instruction. Following are recent survey results:
Of JDW Cotillion students:
- 95% believe that the JDW Cotillion has helped prepare them for their future.
- 94% believe the program gave them more confidence in social and unfamiliar situations.
- 92% believe the JDW Cotillion helped them learn to treat others with more respect.
- 88% of JDW Cotillion students believe that dance has taught them more about cooperation and teamwork.
- 97% say Cotillion taught them how to make a positive first impression.
- Over 96% believe that Cotillion increased their awareness of manners and table etiquette.
99% believe Cotillion has helped their children gain a better understanding of manners and social etiquette.
98% believe the skills learned in Cotillion will have a positive impact on their child’s future social relationships and career.
97% say their children enjoyed the JDW Cotillion experience, and that they learned important social skills.
97% believe Cotillion has strengthened their child’s confidence in social and unfamiliar situations.
Results reflect JDW Parent and Student surveys from 2010-2011.